This website is owned and operated by Appframe Developers limited.
In line with the requirements of Central Bank of Kenya’s Know your Customer (KYC) requirements to help fight identity theft, funding of terrorists and other criminal activities, patamkopo will ask you for your bio data to validate your entries.
You understand that once you press the ‘Submit’ button, you consent to banks and other financial institutions (‘Lenders’) keeping your loan request information and any other information provided by Patamkopo.
The information below states how we might use your data. We will try to be transparent and clear.
In case of any queries or concerns with this policy, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Revised: October 2016
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, apply for a loan, fill out a form or enter information on our site. The information we collect includes the following:
- Registration Information: This is the information you will asked to fill when you register for the Service such as a username and password.
- Identification Information: This is the information you will be asked to provide to identify you, such as your first name, last name and contact details.
- Application Information: This is the information you will provide when applying for a loan. They include financial information, employment status and loan details. Some of the information is optional to provide but it contributes towards the desirability of your application.
patamkopo may also collect the following:
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons: Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. This will affect your Site experience as the Site may not function properly. However, you will still be able to apply for a loan.
- Technical and Navigational Information: We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
The information we collect from you will be used to fulfill your requests for our Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services, and to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, we may use your information to complete transactions you request, to verify the existence and status of your accounts, or to assist with a transaction. We may also use your information to improve and personalize the Services, and future products and services. For example, we may use your information to pre-fill form fields on the Site for your convenience.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With participating Lenders to consider your request for a loan;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- With any third party that referred you to the Services;
- To respond to legal processes;
- In order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms and Conditions, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services;
- Non-personalized, anonymous data may be aggregated with data from other users and/or data sources and shared with partners or for marketing purposes;
- To respond to claims regarding violation of rights of third parties;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites' users or the general public; or
- As otherwise required by law.
We take reasonable measures which includes:
Time out: This feature will log you out if there has been no activity within a specified amount of time.
Cryptography: Transmissions between Patamkopo and Lenders are encrypted using Public key cryptography algorithms with a minimum Key size of 128 bits.
SSL Technology: Transmissions between your browser and our webserver, incuding your financial information to us, is implemented using secure sockets layer (SSL) Technology. SSL encrypts it, making the information unreadable by anyone except Patamkopo. Only Patamkopo can decode the encryption.
Firewall Protection: Firewalls are special purpose devices that protect and screen out malicious attempts to access information and networks.
Authentication procedures: Helps prevent unauthorized accesses by use of passwords, security questions etc.
We may provide our registered customers with email notifications, alerts and summaries of their activity on the Site. We may also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting patamkopo goods or services. Users have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email notifications and alerts.
SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE (SMS) COMMUNICATIONS.
We may provide our registered users with SMS alerts regarding their activity on the Service. Registered customers have the ability to opt out of receiving these SMS alerts details of which will be communicated with the text message. Upon receipt of your STOP message, we will send you a SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. At that point, you will no longer receive any further SMS alerts from patamkopo.
CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You can access your information via your user account for changes and correction. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com to request for any corrections and changes to your personal information. You can also email us if you wish to deregister. However even after you deregister, we may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
In the event another entity merges with or acquires patamkopo or substantially all of its assets, your personal information may be transferred to that successor or acquiring entity. A court may also order the sale of personal information as an asset in a bankruptcy or similar insolvency proceeding.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We may allow third parties, advertising companies and ad networks to display advertisements on our web site.